I gave an introductory workshop on hydroponics in July 2015, and I prepared a set of blog posts to use as materials for that. Here’s the syllabus from it, with links to blog posts and other resources. I’ll be continuing to develop it, fleshing it out and adding pictures especially. I’ll also be adding blog posts for the parts with no links, which are parts of the workshop that I taught using live demos or just by talking.
If there’s something I haven’t written about yet that you’d like to see, let me know in a comment! See the bottom of this page for a list of recent updates.
- About hydroponics
- About me
- About you?
- Plants’ basic needs and how we meet them in hydroponics
- Other variables when designing a hydroponics system
- Ongoing care elements:
- Factors in choosing the right system for you
- BREAK TIME
- Your new system
- First a little more theory: Kratky hydroponics (here for cucumbers)
- Case study: Corey’s plants
- How to start your Kratky system
- Maintaining the Kratky system
- What to do if you’ve mastered it:
- Case studies
- Skill building and experiments
- Hydroponics and making